Amazon Fly Fishing at it's Best!
The AGUA BOA AMAZON EXPERIENCE – A GREAT FLY FISHING ADVENTURE!
Off the Hook Fly Fishing searched for several years before choosing the Agua Boa Amazon Lodge to begin sending our trusting clients to. It was worth the wait! The Agua Boa Lodge is one of the finest lodges we have ever come across. In fact Forbes magazine recently named it the top ten fly fishing lodges in the world! It will come as no surprise that it is located on the Agua Boa River deep in the heart of the Amazon rainforest.
The Amazon is one of the great adventures in fly fishing travel. This is due to the myriad of species lurking in it’s waters. The apex predator and favorite fly rod quarry for most being the three amazing species of Peacock bass found here. The Peacocks that inhabit the Amazon are the most ferocious hitting and hard fighting fresh water fish found anywhere. The adventure of being in this remote location adds to the heart pounding attraction for fly fishers.
Why Agua Boa?
Here is why we love visiting and sending our clients to Agua Boa:
• The Agua Boa River is a clear water river making sight fishing a possibility.
• This part of the Amazon is one of the few remaining that is virtually untouched. It is very remote and there is no clear-cutting here.
• It is a well run, remote, tropical destination with both a lodge (capacity of 12) and a houseboat (max of 6) approximately 50 miles upriver from the lodge.
• The ONLY exclusively fly fishing operation in the Amazon.
• Has it own private runway.
• The watershed is protected as a preserve – No destructive commercial netting or gear fishing allowed. Catch and release fly fishing is the only approach used. The park is protected by heality armed park rangers.
• The most productive approach is using a guide powered, poled skiff; however, wade fishing is possible in many places…if you watch out for Caiman (the Amazon crocodile).
• This is a great destination for novice fly fishers. A fly fishing newcomer will get plenty of casting practice and develop their skills under the tutelage of local guides and catch fish in the process. Some basic knowledge of fly casting technique is helpful.
• No mosquitos. This is due to certain chemicals in the soil not allowing their reproduction.
Located on the Agua Boa River, an uninhabited tributary of the remote Rio Branco, 200 miles northwest of Manaus. The lodge was bought by the current owner in early 2007. Already established as a fly fishing location, the current owner has made a great location even better by improving the quality of the service supplied in all aspects of the trip. Our aim is to ensure all staff are prepared to go that extra mile to make every trip a memorable one.
Agua Boa Amazon Lodge is an Orvis endorsed lodge and was voted as one of the top ten fly fishing lodges in the world by Forbes Magazine in Spring 2010. The number of guests who return year after year are testament to the fact that they also agree that Agua Boa Amazon Lodge is a world class destination for fly fishing.
Set in landscaped gardens on the lush banks of the Agua Boa River, the Lodge House is comfortably furnished and equipped with all modern facilities, including television with English channels, a bar and a games room. Wireless internet access is available, at no additional cost, in both the Lodge House and the individual chalets. Both the Lodge House and the chalets are constructed from local materials and are finished to a high standard.
Set right on the banks of the river, a 60+ foot swimming pool and pool bar, provide a perfect place to relax after a days fishing.
7 nights/6 days fishing (Saturday to Saturday) $5,550/person based on double occupancy/shared guide. Add $1,400 for single occupancy/guide.
Includes: Private charter from Manaus to the lodge, guided fly fishing, lodging, meals, local spirits, laundry service and an 8 day complementary membership to Global Rescue.
Excluded:Brazilian Visa; international air fare; gratuities for the camp staff and guides; personal items; fishing equipment/tackle; airport departure tax.
For more information on this exciting fishery please call toll free 877-Catch-77 (877-228-2477) or 707-287-2939. We are also available via email at Info@offthehookflyfishing.com. Allow us to assist you in setting up a fly fishing adventure of a lifetime!
The peak season at Agua Boa runs from the beginning of January through to the end of April. Being here during this window gives you the best shot at optimal conditions for success and a trip of a lifetime!
Fly to Manaus where you will be met by loge hospitality and transferred to your hotel of choice to overnight. The following morning after you have had a good nights rest, you will be flown to the lodge in a private charter to prepare prepare for fishing.
Photos courtesy of Don Muelrath 2011 All rights reserved.
Recent blog posts
- Summer is ending let's get ready for the Fall
- One-way ticket to Belize please
- Summer time!
- Lower Sac wine maker's weekend trip report
- New issue Florida Fly Fishing Magazine Online Vol 3 # 4
- Total Eclipse of the Truckee
- Fly fishing for Bones on Andros South Bahamas
- Jeff Putnam fly fishing school has one spot open!
- Hogan says it is time to wet a line...and we agree!