Truckee River Part Deux
Ok, second posting attempt...
In keeping with the Truckee theme, I fished it and the Little Truckee the last two days. The weather was perfect and fishing was good. Saw some small, dark stones, caddis and BWO's but everything was under a bobber with a load of lead.
The water was in great shape (about 500cfs at Boca Bridge) though with the weather now the graphs are on a sharp incline. The dam released water on the Little Truckee yesterday morning while I was on the water. It got dirty and fishing was no bueno after that. Good thing the main river was still in good shape. Though I didn't land either of the two jumbo pigs I hooked I popped some really nice fish. It was a great time. Here's some Sierra love.
PS-Ignore the blurry spot on some of the photos. My camera is trying to die. So much for water/shock proof.
Recent blog posts
- Summer is ending let's get ready for the Fall
- One-way ticket to Belize please
- Summer time!
- Lower Sac wine maker's weekend trip report
- New issue Florida Fly Fishing Magazine Online Vol 3 # 4
- Total Eclipse of the Truckee
- Fly fishing for Bones on Andros South Bahamas
- Jeff Putnam fly fishing school has one spot open!
- Hogan says it is time to wet a line...and we agree!